Led by Mr Andy King as Chair of Governors, the governing body of Maple Tree Primary School are a group of parents, staff and members of the community. The governing body of Maple Tree promotes the highest standards of educational achievement for our children.
- Agree the school’s ethos and aims, engaging stakeholders, and ensuring statutory duties are met.
- Define the strategic direction of the school.
- Plan for the future improvement of the school.
- Hold leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the effective and efficient performance management of staff.
- Set targets, objectives and monitor progress of the school.
- Approve the annual budget.
- Ensuring financial solvency and probity with effective management of financial resources, including the Pupil Premium, to raise standards.
They are also responsible for specific actions such as ensuring that there is a procedure in place for handling complaints and appointing the Headteacher.
At Maple Tree Primary School, our Governing body is made up of the following roles:
- The Headteacher
- Staff Governor (elected)
- Local Authority Governor
- Parent Governors
- Co-opted Governors
- Foundation Governors
To register your interest in becoming a school governor should a vacancy arise, please do not hesitate to contact us.