Year 1 resources and support
We appreciate that keeping children engaged in their learning whilst at home is not going to be easy and so we have uploaded work for your child that can be completed both independently or with adult support.
For independent learning and games, we recommend using the websites listed on the Pupil page.
For more practical resources and worksheets, we have included a learning pack perfectly matched to the Year 1 content. With a range of resources, these packs will help continue the learning inside your home.
Ideas to help support your Year 1 child:
- Find objects around your home and use your phonics to label them.
- Read a book everyday and write a sentence about what happened in the story, remembering to include capital letters and full stops.
- Collect 10 pairs of socks, use them to practise counting in 2s
- Get a pile of your favourite toys or Lego, group them into tens an ones and count how many you have
- Get some seeds and plant them, record how high your plant grows each day.