Year 5 resources and support
We appreciate that keeping children engaged in their learning whilst at home is not going to be easy and so we have uploaded work for your child that can be completed both independently or with adult support.
For independent learning and games, we recommend using the websites listed on the Pupil page.
For more practical resources and worksheets, we have included a learning pack perfectly matched to the Year 5 content. With a range of resources, these packs will help continue the learning inside your home.
Ideas to help support your Year 5 child:
- Read lots of different types of texts and discuss them
- Estimate the area and perimeter of the rooms in your house
- Write a story including direct speech and parenthesis
- Create different fractions using everyday objects, then record and compare them
- Practise Y5/6 spelling words
- Recap specific grammatical terminology
- Practise multiplying 4 digit numbers by 1 or 2 digit numbers
- Practise dividing 4 digit numbers by a 1 digit numbers
- Read, write, order and compare decimals, for example money
- Practise spellings from the Y5/6 word list and put them in sentences